Sometimes the two of you just can’t work out the tricky areas of separating your lives on your own. You need a little help to tease apart the attachments and the history. This will help you work with your conflicting perspectives to determine the best division of your sentimental assets. Divorce mediation provides a great solution.
I Am Not Your Usual Mediator
Yes, I will help you come to agreements like every other mediator. In addition, I will help you communicate why you want what you want to your partner in a way that s/he will understand and want to meet your need. There are reasons you want things. My Relationship Systems approach to mediation can provide unusually creative results. I call my process Heart Mediation.
- Does your home hold a lot of sentimental value for both of you and you’re not sure which of you should get it, or if you should sell it?
- Do you have certain prize possessions like art or jewelry that seem impossible to divide?
- Do you need a plan to tell your children?
- Are you trying to figure out if your child/ren should go to school nearer to one of you than the other?
- Do you want to have family holidays together after your divorce and want a plan to make that happen?
With double the mediation training hours of most mediators and thousands of hours of coaching and systems training, I bring a unique skill set to the title “mediator.” I am specifically gifted to help you find common ground and meet the unique needs of your system (as a divorcing couple, as parents, as a family). I hold space for and guide those important discussions that allow you to discover your best solutions. There is always a solution if you stay open to finding it.
A Unique Approach to Mediation
- Allowing the time and space you need to explore the far reaching implications of your decisions.
- Give place and grace to discover and express why you want what you want.
- Honoring all viewpoints, which allows a solution arises naturally and organically, becoming obvious to all.
- Supporting the needs-based approach, meaning we are not so concerned about making things even (50/50) as we are meeting everyone’s needs going forward. This can take many forms.
- Allowing ample time to brainstorm and consider many options. Not every option arises quickly.
- Encouraging you to take the time needed for your insides (also a system) to arrange and adjusting response to new information/decisions.
Your next step:
Call me for a free initial conversation about how Heart Mediation could work for you. 303-746-7000