Sometimes the two of you just can’t work out the tricky areas of separating your lives on your own. You need a little help to tease apart the attachments and the history. Heart mediation keeps your heart in mind as you work through your conflicting perspectives.
Heart Mediation can help you tease apart tender parts of your lives:
- Children: parenting schedules, health choices, recreation
- Sentimental assets: family home, artworks, mutual family gifts
- Financial stability: considering the court guidelines of maintenance/alimony, decide what do YOU want
I Am Not Your Usual Mediator
Yes, I will help you come to agreements like every other mediator, but my approach is a little different. My background as a Relationship Systems Coach provides the possibility for unusually creative results. I call my process Heart Mediation. Heart Mediation helps you communicate why you want what you want in a way that your partner will understand and want to meet your need, and you will want to meet your partner’s need. You each have reasons for wanting the things you want.
- Does your home hold a lot of sentimental value for both of you and you’re not sure which of you should get it, or if you should sell it?
- Do you have certain prize possessions like art or jewelry that seem impossible to divide?
- Do you need an agreed plan to tell your children, family, friends?
- Want to discuss your children’s healthcare, friends, activities, driving age, or things like tattoos and piercings?
- Need to discuss how to divide or spend important family holidays after your divorce ?
I bring a unique skill set to the title “mediator.” I have double the mediation training hours of most mediators. My training as a Relationship and Organizational Systems Coach provides a unique perspective on the holistic health of your family system. I am specifically gifted to help you find common ground and meet the unique needs of your system—as a divorcing couple, as parents, and as a family. I hold space for, and guide, those important discussions that allow you to discover your best solutions. There is always a solution if you stay open to finding it.
A Unique Approach to Mediation
- Allows the time and space you need to explore the far reaching implications of your decisions.
- Gives place and grace to discover and express why you want what you want.
- Honors all viewpoints, which allows a solution to arise naturally and organically, becoming obvious to all.
- Supports a needs-based approach, meaning we are not so concerned about making things even (50/50) as we are meeting everyone’s needs going forward. This can take many forms.
- Allows ample time to brainstorm and weigh many options. Not every option arises quickly. Not every option is viable.
- Encourages you to take the time you need for your insides (an internal system) to do their required rearranging.
Your next step:
Call me for a free initial conversation about how Heart Mediation could work for you. 303-746-7000