Should You Divorce? A Good Question to Ask.
If you’re unhappy with your relationship…
…you are probably dreaming about how things could be different, better. Your day dreaming is letting you know something isn’t right. Maybe leaving will bring relief. Maybe not. How will you know?
- Does your relationship feel too tight?
- Are you white-knuckling it and pretending to be happy?
- Do you believe you have to leave your marriage in order to have some peace or think your own thoughts?
- Can you find peace and stay married?
- Are you still waiting to have your needs met even after asking a zillion times?
- What if you’re so repulsed at the thought of staying in the marriage that you don’t even want to try?
- Does your heart/soul want to experience something new but you’re not how to do it while being married?
- Is your relationship just plain painful but there’s still something that has you stay?
- What would a healing separation look like? Would it be enough?
Without help your relationship can grow too tight, too fast, and the impulse to get out wins.
Conflicts around money, sex, political persuasions, start feeling more intense. Perhaps infidelity becomes a factor.
Nowadays most everyone knows someone who has gone through a painful divorce and seen the impact it has on family, finances, and future. It’s worth weighing your options carefully. But what are those options? What are the implications of leaving? What are the implications of staying? What prices would you pay in each scenario? Is there some kind of in-between fix?
Your next step:
I can help you get a sense for your needs and how much space you need or the types of resources would be most helpful. I will know exactly where you are and what you need. I’ve done this work a long time.
Click here to schedule a call now.